Google+

sábado, 18 de mayo de 2013

Baking: Chocolate muffins with chocolate chips. Easy peasy!

Chocolate muffins with chocolate chips

Today I want to share with you all the recipe to my world-famous chocolate muffins. I got this recipe in a course I attended to learn how to bake and decorate cupcakes. The first time I baked them as a gift for a neighbour and the feedback was great (although, what else would they say, right? you don´t look a gift horse in the mouth) On my side I can confirm that my kitchen smelled like baking heaven when I finished and that I awarded my little helper with one muffin and he begged for more.

These muffins are very, very easy to make and the result is always amazing. After trying a couple of times you´ll be able to prepare de mixture blindfolded. They´re always a good option if you´ve got friends coming over for coffee or lunch and they make you look like an expert baker with minimum effort. I always make sure that I´ve got all the ingredients needed in stock just in case.

So, are you ready to start baking these little pieces of deliciousness with me?
This is what you will need for aproximately 15 muffins like the ones int he picture:
  • 150g butter (you have to take it out of the fridge 24hrs before so it is soft)
  • 3 free-range egs (aprox. 65g each)
  • 150g soft white sugar
  • 280g plain flour
  • 5g baking powder
  • 35g cocoa powder
  • Chocolate chips (to your heart´s desire)

Let´s get down to it!
  1. Pre-heat the oven 180ºC // 356ºF
  2. Work the butter to a creamy texture (you can work it with your fingers or using a whisker)
  3. Once the butter is soft add the sugar slowly while you whisk
  4. Star mixing the eggs, one by one, waiting until each egg has been completely absorbed before adding the next one.
  5. Mix the flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and baking powder and add to the mixture.
  6. Let the mixture sit for a while and go get the moulds ready. I use silicone moulds and put paper capsules in each of them.
  7. Fill 2/3 of the capsule. You can pour a bit of sugar right in the middle of the mixture.
  8. Put the capsules in the oven at 170ºC // 338ºF / 180ºC// 356ºF and don´t open the door until they are baked at the risk of stopping them from rising.
  9. We´ll know they are ready when they have a golden colour at the top. It usually takes between 11 and 14 minutes, depending on the oven. If you´re not sure you can always use a pin, stick in the muffin and if mixture sticks to it, it needs baking a little bit longer.
  10. When they are ready take them out of the oven, take off the mould and let them cool down before you enjoy the best muffins you´ve ever baked.
I hope you give it a try and that you let us know the result!
Bon appetit!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario